Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Midweek Randomness: Messes

I love my kids, I love art, and I love my kids' art, but I really hate messes.  The messes that result in allowing children to make art make me crazy.  They do.  There are lots of times that I tell my kids no. No, you can't paint today or no, you can't cut up construction paper into a thousand pieces and glue them to a toilet paper roll.  I feel guilty about it.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.


There are, however, lots of times I do say yes.  Yes, you can paint or yes, you you can glue pom poms all over that shoe box.  I suck it up, let them make a mess AND beautiful creations.  Then after they are done, I get to work cleaning up the supplies, wiping down the table and chairs, moping the floors, and of course displaying their masterpieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment